Sharingwood was founded with the following mission statement:
We have joined on this land to work together to form a community for all ages, to create and maintain healthy relationships among ourselves and the wider community, and to wisely steward the native forests that surround us.
We strive to provide a living example to ourselves and the world of a healthy, viable community-centered neighborhood that exists in harmony with the land we live on.
- Where each person feels accepted and valued as they are.
- Where decisions are reached through consensus.
- Where responsible environmental choices are encouraged.
- Where children and adults can play, grow and learn in a nurturing atmosphere.
I will do my best to …
- Become conversant with the declarations and other policies decided upon by the Sharingwood community.
- Be attentive to the needs of the Sharingwood environment and community.
- Contribute my skills and talents to the Sharingwood community.
- Be an active participant in the committees and governance of Sharingwood.
- Help resolve troublesome differences in the Sharingwood community.