Sharingwood has a large variety of events throughout the year. These events span the gamut from small to community-wide, and from spontaneous to planned.
Some examples of regular events are formally organized and include:
- Common Meal. The most common event, several times each month.
- White Elephant Gift Exchange A fun adult winter holiday party.
- New Years Eve Party A celebration of the New Year with no need to drive afterwards, complete with music, dancing and merriment.
- Take Care of Sharingwood Day (and other work parties). All day work parties with activities for all and awesome meals and a party at the end.
- Fourth of July bicycle parade and playfield games.
- Berry Festival A summer event with live outdoor music, food, dancing and, of course, berries!
- Halloween costume party and potluck
- Talent Show A chance for kids and adults to share their talents at music, dance, magic, comedy, etc.
Private individuals often host other activities such as:
- Poker nights
- Movie nights
- Book club
- Sustainability interest group
- Kids birthday parties Some parents have been known to throw fairly elaborate community-wide themed birthday parties.